Things are tough at the moment and we could all do with a little pick me up. That is why we have teamed up with one of our Bristol Bites Back Better sponsors Essential Trading to give you a chance to share a little love with your colleagues, while helping to grow Bristol’s good food movement. Simply log and share a positive action your organisation has taken around food over the past year and you will be entered into a prize draw to win not one, but two foodie care packages! One for you and one for a colleague.
Sharing food is one of life’s great pleasures. With everyone in lockdown, we can’t meet for after-work drinks, have friends round for dinner or catch up with colleagues over lunch. But there are still ways to share food, even from a distance.
A foodie care package sent directly to a colleague is a lovely (and tasty) way to show you are thinking about them. It is likely we all have a colleague who is in need of a lift; whether they are juggling home schooling and work, concerned for a key worker housemate, caring for a loved one or just feeling a bit overwhelmed with the state of the world.
By taking and logging actions your organisation has taken to help build a greener, fairer, more resilient food system, you are showing that your organisation cares about supporting and growing the good food movement in Bristol and helping to inspire others to get involved.
Your actions will also be included in the evidence that will submitted in spring for Bristol to (hopefully!) become a Gold Sustainable Food City.
Log your organisation’s good food actions throughout February, to support Bristol’s good food movement and be in with a chance of winning two foodie care packages to treat yourself, and your colleague.
How to enter
To be entered into the prize draw and be in with a chance of winning two foodie care packages from Essential Trading:
- Share a good food action that your organisation has taken in the past year on Twitter using the #BiteBackBetter hashtag
- AND log the action on the Bristol Bites Back Better website.
A winner will be picked at random on Monday 1 March 2021.
Good food actions
Organisations have huge potential to contribute to a greener, fairer, healthier and more resilient food system for our city, and we know that many have already been doing their bit to support good food in Bristol. We want to hear about the actions your organisation has taken over the last year, and any new efforts you are currently making.
There are plenty of ways your organisation can contribute, and you can find lots of suggestions on the website:
- Support community action on food
- Involve homeworkers with Bristol Bites Back Better
- Create a good food plan
- Buy local
- Give space to growing food
- Do more…
The care package
Each foodie care package will contain a selection of delicious food and drink sourced from Essential Trading. Essential Trading is a leading UK organic and Fairtrade product wholesaler, based in Bristol.
The package will include items to get you through the working day and relax and unwind in the evening. From coffee for a mid-morning pick me up, tasty treats of chocolate and nut butter, and some herbal tea and savoury snacks for the after-work wind down.
Competition terms and conditions
- The prize draw (the ‘Prize Draw’) is open to any resident of Bristol who logs a completed action as an organisation on the Bristol Bites Back Better website throughout February 2021 and shares their action via Twitter using the #BiteBackBetter hashtag.
- Employees of Bristol Green Capital Partnership, Bristol Food Network, Essential Trading or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Each organisation can enter multiple actions – each qualifying action logged counts as one entry.
- The final date to be entered into the Prize Draw is 23.59 on 28 February 2021.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all the organisations who log a Bristol Bites Back Better action in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The registered contact for the winning organisation will be contacted by email to identify who submitted the winning action.
- The winner will receive two Essential Trading foodie care packages worth approximately £30 each. One foodie care package will be delivered to the winner and the other will be delivered to a chosen colleague.
- This competition is for organisations and is not open to anyone logging actions as an individual.
- The image shows an example of the care package and may not contain the exact same items.
- If you have any questions in connection with the Prize Draw, please email firstname.lastname@example.org