Resources for food businesses
- Food waste recycling and packaging: what you can do and why you need to.
- Certification and awards: some ideas about how to demonstrate your commitment to health, well-being and the environment.
- Good for people and planet: sustainability and health.
- Organisations and articles: interesting websites, blogs and articles.
- Talking about sustainability: tips on how to talk to customers and staff about tricky issues like sustainability.
- Interesting webinars and events
Useful websites with lots of resources
- Ellen McArthur Foundation – on a mission to transition to a circular economy
- WRAP – campaigning for sustainable use of the worlds’ resources
- Food Ethics Council – working to transform our food and farming systems
- Soil Association – the main voice of the organic movement in the UK
- Sustain – the alliance for better food and farming
- Sustainable Food Trust – making the links between sustainable farming and health
- Bristol Food Producers – network of local growers and suppliers
- Bristol Food Union – supporting Bristol’s hospitality sector
- Plastic Pollution Awareness & Action Projects – Bristol-based charity particularly focussing on plastic containers used for take-aways
- City to Sea – Bristol-based anti-plastic pollution campaigners.
- Resource Futures: Changing food waste behaviours – Covid-19 and beyond – Resource Futures are Going for Gold partners, specialising in tackling food waste.
- Footprint Foodservice: Obesity Plan: Game-changer or missed opportunity?
- Sustainability – a tale of two definitions – interesting article from Better Food’s website looking at sustainability in terms of continued access to food, and in terms of the environment.
There are some helpful newsletters that focus specifically on food retail and hospitality, with up to the minute news, changes in legislation, opinion pieces and more.
- HUBBUB – spearheaders of imaginative nation-wide campaigns, such as #LeedsByExample, encouraging people to thrown their coffee cups into special bins for recycling.
- Foodservice Footprint – the most specific to hospitality and supply chain issues.
- edie – a good all round update of sustainability topics related to business and industry.