- Who we are
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Transfer of your information out of the EEA
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
Who we are
Bristol Going for Gold is the ambition for Bristol to be a Gold Award Sustainable Food City. The ambition is being co-ordinated by Bristol Food Network, Bristol City Council and Bristol Green Capital Partnership.
This website is operated by Bristol Food Network, a community interest company with company registration number 08838348.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you and when we do so we will be acting as a ‘controller’ in relation to that personal information.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, show your support to the Bristol Going for Gold ambition by signing up with us, or otherwise contact us, for example through our website contact form.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you sign up with us or contact us, or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see “Cookies” below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. Such information includes:
- your full name; and
- if relevant, the details of your organisation and job role.
- your address (in most cases we will only ask for the first half of your postcode, however if you are an individual or organisation operating within the food sector we are likely to ask you to provide your full address);
- your telephone number (as above, we will only ask you to provide this where you are operating within the food sector); and
- your email address.
- your account details, such as username and login details.
- the details of any actions taken and signed up to.
- internet protocol (IP) address; and
- browser type and version.
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us;
- to store, monitor and evaluate Bristol Going for Gold actions (please note that this data will be anonymised before we share it with any third parties – see “Who we share your personal information with” below);
- contact you about the Bristol Going for Gold bid and related campaigns, and send you relevant information;
- improve the Bristol Going for Gold bid;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences; and
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our project that may affect you.
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to (not including contractual obligations); and
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests).
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Legal basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new user or when you sign up in support of the Going for Gold bid.||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to encourage wider community participation and engagement with the Going for Gold bid)|
|To respond to any queries raised via the “contact us” section of our website.||(a) Identity (b) Contact||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to enable us to respond to your queries)|
|To submit evidence in support of our Going for Gold bid||Usage All evidence will be anonymised and therefore will not contain Identity personal data, however we may sometimes name an organisation which could be a sole trader or partnership.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to progress our bid for the Going for Gold award)|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for provision of administration and IT services, network security and to prevent fraud) (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, marketing, user relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of users, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our bid and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To email you with suggestions and recommendations about actions, activities and events that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile||Consent|
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your name and organisation’s name if applicable, as well as your contact details, with Bristol Green Capital Partnership and Bristol City Council.
This data sharing allows us to allocate your query to the party that is best placed to respond to you. We also share this personal data with Bristol Green Capital Partnership so that they can send you information about the Going for Gold bid. However, they will only provide you with this information where you have opted in to receiving it (see “Marketing” below).
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information to any location outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Cookies and similar technologies
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We would like to send you information about the progress of our bid, which may be of interest to you.
You will receive these communications from us or Bristol Green Capital Partnership if you have requested to receive them, for example we will ask whether you would like to receive these updates from both us and Bristol Green Capital Partnership when you sign up to support our Going for Gold bid. You will always be able to opt-out of receiving these updates.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information (and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is designed to address);
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations; receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- get in touch via our website contact form or by telephone (see “How to contact us” below);
- let us have enough information to identify you e.g. user name and sign up details;
- if requested, let us have proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence; or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we will keep your personal data for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In most cases this will be the duration of the Going for Gold campaign.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
How to contact us
Please contact us, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please do so via our contact form: www.goingforgoldbristol.co.uk/get-in-touch/ or by calling us on 0117 966 1639.